Monday, November 15, 2010

Can you smell God?

Today I continued my study of Jesus’ Parables. I'm working my way through Matthew Chapter 13. This particular segment of my bible study made me think about how I can experience Jesus more fully through my senses. For instance "I tasted God goodness when...", "I heard God voice when...", "I saw Christ when...", "I touched my savior when...", " I smelled the fragrance of God when....". I thought this was an interesting way to think about my faith.

Last night I prepared a Crockpot meal for tonight’s dinner. When I walked in the door this afternoon, I thought about my study. The fragrance of my meal cooking made me appreciate the goodness of God. He has provided each of us with exactly the sustenance we need. Not only am I blessed to have food to eat but I have church community, friends and the Word of God to nourish me spiritually.

I know there are many people not as fortunate. I know there are families who struggle each day to provide for their children. There are adults and children who will go to bed hungry. Tonight I pray for those people. Not only that they will have nutrition but that they will be satisfied by God’s Word.

As I completed my study today, one verse stood out to me, "eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man things which God has prepared for those who love Him." (1 Corinthians 2:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment